Location and Attractions
Located at 11 Knights Avenue Paraparaumu
with access via the carpark at the Paraparaumu beach Golf club-you couldn’t be closer
Enquiries to Karyn 042983616 or 0276606621
The Kapiti Coast has something for everyone. From the relaxing café culture or many retail establishments to outdoor sports such as gliding, hiking, diving, biking and golfing.
To the east the mighty Tararua Range has walks for every fitness level and to the west the Tasman Sea offers swimming, diving, boating and fishing.
The Kapiti Coast is well known for its diverse eco-systems and nature reserves. The Kapiti Marine Reserve with its underwater scenery and rich animal and plant life attracts many visitors.
The Kapiti Island Nature Reserve, home to the rare little spotted kiwi, is another popular destination.
More than 60 species of birds breed at the Waikanae Estuary Scientific Reserve presenting ample opportunity for bird watching.
The vibrant arts community exhibits in the many cafés and galleries across the region and Wellington, the capital and cultural centre of New Zealand, is only a 45-minute drive away.
View Fairway Cottage in a larger map
Some local places of interest include:
- Paraparaumu Beach Links Golf Course
- Nga Manu Nature Reserve in nearby Waikanae
- Lindale Tourist Complex - shopping, farm walks, restaurants and more
- Paraparaumu Beach shopping area, including boutique shops and many cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance
- Paraparaumu Beach seashore • Local walks including the gentle Mangaone Walkway or legendary Southern Crossing
- Trips to Kapiti Island Nature Reserve (need to be booked in advance) • Southward Car Museum and restaurant
‘Please let us know your wishes as we are happy to provide further information on any of the above or make bookings if required’ – your hosts Karyn and Craig Wattam